Watch us on Kron 4 during Fleet Week!
Military: Navy: “The US Navy has used the UmeCobra Microphone for years”
theBoom and the US Navy
The US Armed Services rely upon theBoom noise canceling headsets in dangerous operations where clarity counts and literally saves lives.
Aircraft carriers are extremely noisy and submarines can really benefit with "Whisper and be heard" technology.
Effective communications in noise has a tremendous impact in safety and productivity. Umevoice's products have been in use with the US Military for many years helping in mission critical applications:
- The UmeCobra Microphones have been retrofitted after testing in hovercrafts and other applications. By taking existing David Clark style aviation headsets and replacing their microphones with the UmeCobra, Navy personnel experience immediate, remarkable improvements in voice clarity at a fraction of the cost of replacing the entire headset.
- Control Rooms - theBoom C is a favorite in noisy offices and control rooms. TheBoom E is a favorite for those who have to communicate both on their laptops and mobile phones from various bases around the world.
Bone Conduction Boom - Performance evaluation by Navy Facilities Expeditionary Logistics Center
UME Voice Bone Conduction Boom with UME Cobra Microphone
- Testing Environments:
- Outdoor (noisy event)
- Outdoor (quiet event)
- Overall: Headset and Microphone
- Excellent all around communications device! The unit provided clear and understandable voice communications in every instance without fail.
- Initially disorienting due to the “Surround Sound” effect of the bone conduction, but that passed within a few moments of use.
- Performance of the UmeCobra Microphone
- Extremely sensitive in transmitting lowered voice and whispered communications for funeral services or stealth operations. Perfect for both situations!
- Excellent sound and microphone performance in vehicular environments. The microphone didn't transmit engine noise or background static, providing flawless voice communication.
- The current cable length between the headset and the PTT switch is inadequate. Using several attachment locations, the cable strained the headset making it uncomfortable almost immediately. Recommend extending the length from headset to PTT switch to 36".
- Recommend a low profile clamp or belt clip to replace the metal clip
on the PTT switch.
Believe Your Ears
Hear the Incredible Difference
Click to play:
Test Drive UmeCobra Today!
Request a Free Evaluation Unit
Please enter “Free Evaluation Microphone” into the subject of your email. Also include the model of aviation style headset or helmet you're currently using, including your current mic model. (eg. David Clark H10-76 with the M-87) The UmeCobra 5 ohm swivel is an exceptional retrofit for that model. Don't forget to include your name, email address and phone number in the body of the email.
theBoom works with