theBoom For Aviation
UmeCobra Microphone is often used with standard aviation headsets, dramatically improving in-flight communications.
Very few environments are as noisy as a single engine, open cockpit airplane. Ryan Southam, one of New Zealand's finest aerobatic pilots has tried all kinds of microphones before settling upon the UmeCobra as his personal choice.
Instant Clarity Upgrade
Our most popular, versatile microphone, ideal for high noise environments. Used by military helicopter pilots, flight-line personnel, Nascar, and commercial aviation.
Standard aviation headsets/helmets can be retrofit with the UmeCobra microphone in less than one minute!
We offer the the UmeCobra microphone in the following options:
- Dynamic (5 Ohms/150 ohms).
- Elecret (3k Ohms, w/o Amplifier).
- Elecret 3k Ohms with Amplifier [Add $10.00].
Contact us for any questions regarding choosing the right model of UmeCobra for your environment
Benefits and Features
- Dramatic Noise Reduction - UmeCobra™ has an average 10 dB improvement over the M-87 with a maximum of 30 db improvement in average speech bandwidth.
- Ideal for high noise environments, UmeCobra's™ noise rejection performance surpasses all passive or active micro-phonic systems including 2-port, 2-active and array microphone designs. The difference is particularly stark in high noise levels.
- Noise Rejection takes a new shape: UmeVoice's patented noise cancellation technology rejects extraneous background noise.
- An acoustically based approach; UmeCobra™ accentuates the speaker's voice by concentrating it on the front port of a two-port microphone, while deflecting background noise from the back port.